Mumtaz Ki Nagari - Agra
Taj Mahal of Agra is considered to be a symbol of India's pride and love. Uttar Pradesh's third largest district Agra is very important in historical terms.
Being the favorite city of the Mughals, he made Agra the capital before Delhi. According to history, Ibrahim Lodi had settled this city in 1504. At the time when this city was founded, no one would have imagined that the city would wander around the whole world for its beauty. Which is still considered among seven wonders of the world.
History: A living picture of architecture is situated about 200 kilometers from Agra city of Delhi. To make what was called an artisan from Baghdad, which could paint curved letters on the stone. Similarly, the craftsman who was invited from Bukhara city, which is located in Central Asia, was skilled at carving flowers on marble stones. A skilled artisan living in Istanbul, Turkey, was called to build the dome of the Vaish Strahm and the skilled craftsman from Samarkand was called to build the minars.
Thus, in the six months before the construction of the Taj Mahal, the skilled craftsmen were consolidated and 37 skilled artisans were gathered, under whose supervision the work was done with twenty thousand workers. Similarly, the material used in the Taj was constructed from the marble of marble stone Rajasthan, from several other precious stones and gems from many countries like Baghdad, Afghanistan, Tibet, Egypt, Russia, Iran etc and bought them at huge prices to build the Taj Mahal.
Construction began in AD 1630, completed in about 22 years, in which about twenty thousand workers are considered contribution. Its main dome is 60 feet high and 80 feet wide.
The result of the Mughal emperor's love and affection is that of 'Tajmahal' which is called the diamond of beauty. When you lift your head upside down, its carved ceilings and walls do not seem to be less than surprising. Its history is on the lips of all the children - the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan had built the Taj Mahal in memory of his second wife Mumtaz Mahal.
The picture of the supernatural beauty created by the white stones on the banks of Yamuna river 'Tajmahal' has not only made its identity in India but also throughout the world. Thousands of tourists from far off countries come here to see this sign of love. After observing the beauty of the Taj Mahal, taken in the moonlight, you can give any examples, it seems all faint.
Apart from the Taj Mahal in Agra, many things are worth seeing: -
1. Agra Fort (Red Fort). Agra Fort is one of the important buildings here. It was built by Mughal emperor Akbar in AD 1565. This unmatched sample of architecture is made of red stones. There is also Jahangir Mahal (Diwani-e-Khas), which is popular as the beautiful Sheesh Mahal.
2. Fatehpur Sikri Located about 35 kilometers from Agra, this place was made by Akbar as its capital, which is full of architectural artwork.
3. Mehtab Bagh On the opposite side of the river Yamuna, the Taj Mahal 'remains only near Mehtab Bagh. Being equipped with many types of flowers and many trees, attracts foreign tourists very much.
4. Rambagh was built in 1528 AD by Babar. It is spread over two and a half kilometers in the northern part of the Taj Mahal, which is considered to be one of the oldest gardens built by the Mughals.
5. Jama Masjid In the memory of Jahanah Begum, the daughter of Shah Jahan, was built in 1648 AD. It is the Jama Masjid. Its dome is beautifully decorated with its dome. Even after so many years, the beauty of this beauty remains.
Mumtaz Mahal and Shahjahan's graves are face-to-face in the lower part of the Taj Mahal. Even today, Agra city remains the center of attraction of native and foreign tourists. The reason for being built in beautiful architecture is the heat or cold, tourists can be seen every season. The 'Taj Mahotsav' is organized every year by the Department of Tourism.